Monday, August 8, 2011

5 minute vegan chocolate cake

Last week I came across this recipe for a 5 minute microwaved chocolate cake. A way to satisfy my sweet tooth in 5 minutes, I'm down! But...I wanted a cake with my own little twist.

A 5 minute guilt free cake.

Ingredients:
4 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (regular flour will do)
2 tbsp sugar (or agave)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 mashed banana (or another egg replacer such as flaxseed egg)
3 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
A pinch of salt
1/2 vanilla bean (can also use vanilla extract)

For 2 smaller cakes divid ingredients into two separate mugs, mix and microwave for 2 minutes on high. For 1 larger cake mix all ingredients into a mug or small bowl and microwave 2 minutes for a molten cake (will have drippy chocolate in the middle and bottom) or extra 30 seconds for a firmer cake.

My egg substitute...also added some chia seeds.


I also added sprinkles to mine for some fun.


Yummy...thanks Nags for an awesome cake!!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment