Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunday Eats

I was dragging most of Sunday and the rain did not help at all.

I started off my morning with a filling bowl of oatmeal. It's been sometime since I've had oatmeal but the dreary weather had me craving a large bowl.


Lunch consisted of pizza and a salad


went back for the other half.


After some writing I was craving something sweet and decided to whip a batch of skinny cookies from Carrots'N'Cake.


I then finished cooking for the dinner I was suppose to be hosting at Ryan's house.

Again the menu was inspired by my CSA goodies for the week. Lots of tomatoes, cucumbers, and eggplant resulted in a Greek inspired dinner.
First corse-cheese plate, grapes, etc.

Main-Baba Ghanoush ,


Greek Salad,


and Roasted Seafood Orzo-inspired by this recipe.




For dessert I attempted this dimply plum cake with peach sorbet. Oddly my plums sunk to the bottom of the dish-weird.


I had very little appetite last night and was just overall exhausted. I ended up eating only a few grapes, a small portion of dinner along with a glass of wine, and skipped dessert all together. Maybe it was my larger lunch? And again my workouts have been pretty tame the last 3 weeks so I guess my appetite has really died. I'm pretty okay with that and am wondering if I want to go back to such intense workouts once my knee improves. I really like the idea of short intense workouts as inspired by BodyRock.tv with a couple of days of longer cardio thrown in the mix. Mmm, we shall see...

Later,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment